Rust Mitigation Services
Surface2Surface rust mitigation services and solutions can take care of any rust stain on almost any surface. Each rust removal job is a unique process. The first step in rust removal is identifying the source of the problem.
Rust stains can come from things such as:
- Metal objects (Outdoor Furniture, Satellite Dishes, A/C Overflow Pans, Etc.)
- Hard Water/ Well Water
- Mineral Deposits
- Many Other Sources
Look no further. When it comes to rust stain removal and rust mitigation, you have found the right company!
The S2S North Texas’ Rust-Mitigation division has a full-time crew dedicated to strictly rust remediation services. Our crews are fully trained in all aspects of rust mitigation services and solutions.
Rust stain removal is a very skilled job. This is not a job for anyone who does not know EXACTLY what they are doing.
The Process (More Steps Are Followed but Here Are The Basics)
- The surface is cleaned of all organic material including dirt, grease, and grime. Cleaning the surface exposes the minerals that have formed a bond with the damaged surface
- The surface is then left to dry for up to 30-45 minutes
- Our technicians come back and pre-treat the cleaned surface area exhibiting rust or mineral deposits with the appropriate S2S Global ORA (Oxidation Remediation Agent) treatment.
- This Agent sits dormant for up to 30 minutes, depending on the damaged surface
- After the damaged rust stain area is treated, our technicians carefully rinse the entire area with low pressure, removing the rust stains permanently from any stained or damaged area.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Rust stain and calcium removal is not a job left to an unskilled vendor. Because of the various sources of the condition, critical steps must be taken for successful results. Concrete contains calcium and free alkali that can be negatively affected by the wrong process or exposure to the wrong chemicals. Therefore, it is very important to choose the right company for rust mitigation services and solutions!
Leave this work to the PROS! Call our office today for a free demonstration on any of our rust removal or rust treatment services
The Problem with Rust
Rust is often regarded as one of those “impossible issues” – once it has made its mark, it is there to stay. If you’re trying a do-it-yourself fix, then this theory likely holds true. It is notoriously difficult to remove rust and the longer the issue sits, the more impossible it is to address.
A single rust stain on concrete is comprised of many microscopic iron oxide particles that settle into the affected surface and attach their selves to the free alkali in the concrete matrix. These particles sink into the porous surfaces and essentially become bonded into them. Conventional cleaning efforts typically do more harm than good to a rust issue, and many available cheap treatment approaches can exacerbate the problem which may lead to an even more expensive prescription up to and including removal and replacement of the affected surface altogether.
Rust stains occur when iron reacts with moisture. It can be triggered by several issues, including:
- Leaky irrigation systems
- Faulty A/C units
- Outdoor furniture and lawn ornaments
- Fertilizer stains
- Battery Acid
Some discolored surfaces may appear to exhibit a rust stain but looks can be deceiving. Many customers are surprised to find out that it is actually triggered by battery acid from your car, off-road vehicle, or golf cart.
Typically, rust removal can’t be achieved by a simple cleaner you’d find at a home improvement store, and it definitely won’t be fixed with soap and scrubbing. Successful treatment requires specialized chemicals and mild acids to be professionally dispensed in the proper amounts breaking down the stain in order to lift the particles, thereby removing the stain, while simultaneously sealing the surface. This is where the Surface2Surface Rust Mitigation team comes to the scene with our rust mitigation services and solutions.
Our Rust Removal Solution
The Surface2Surface Rust-Mitigation process demonstrates the difference between a DIY rust removal solution and a professional one. Our solution is not only effective on concrete but is highly effective on hardscapes and building exteriors. Some of the most common surfaces we restore are:
- Parking lots
- Driveways and sidewalks
- Decks and patios
- Vinyl, stucco, and hardy-board siding
- Brick and masonry
We use a specialized applicator to apply our rust removal cleaning solutions to the affected area. We don’t believe in mere ‘spot cleaning’ – instead, our team takes a comprehensive cleaning approach to completely restore your area. This involves:
- Applying a cleaner targeted toward your specific rust source
- Working the solution into the surface to lift the stain and remove buildup
- Pressure washing the affected area to deliver a clean result
Rust doesn’t add value to any property. With rust mitigation services and solutions from our technicians, your property will be restored to its original beauty.